The number one question I get asked in my monthly mentorship community by yoga teachers is how to get more yoga students. How to find more students & along these lines. I decided to do a dedicated episode about how to get more yoga students as a yoga teacher. Listen in, as this will be insightful and not your regular run-of-the-mill business coach advice.
For this episode, we will talk about how to prepare yourself as a yoga teacher if you want to move forward and teach more yoga students. We will discuss the importance of establishing the definition of success in yoga and how we can break away from the ways of the West.
I will also share with you some tips on how to find a good teacher to emulate in your yoga practice. Find out why you need to teach yoga and get fresh ideas on how you can start gaining new yoga students. Sit back and relax as you listen to today's episode.
How to get more yoga students Episode Highlights:
- Redefining success in yoga and detaching from the capitalistic mindset of the West
- How to find a good teacher
- Does the teacher demonstrate noble qualities such as compassion and reverence?
- Does your teacher live their yoga?
- Do they talk about their mentors? Do they model humility and openness in sharing their experiences?
- Do they keep the focus on yoga and its timelessness?
- Are they rooted in their yoga?
- Who are in the echo chambers of your teachers?
- Why do you need to teach yoga?
- How to find more yoga students
- Give yourself a reality check
- Remember that "less is more."
- Open up about your insecurities to your mentor
- Recognize where you're at and what yoga is to you.
- Don't let teaching yoga become your identity
Resources and Links Mentioned:
Did you enjoy today’s episode?
Please click here to leave a review
for The Let’s Talk Yoga Podcast. Be sure to subscribe on your favorite podcast app to get notified when a new episode comes out!
Do you know someone who might enjoy this episode? Share this episode!